1. WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHAT ARE THEY USED FOR?
Cookies are files downloaded onto the device of the visitor of a website (hereinafter the “User” or “Users”), upon accessing said websites and applications, that allow the storage and recovery of the User’s data.
They are used to guarantee the quality, usability, and correct functioning of websites, as well as to store and retrieve information about browsing habits and customise their content and can sometimes be used to recognise the User.
2. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES EXIST?
Cookies can be classified into different types, according to different criteria. The same cookie can belong to different categories.
2.1. According to the entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: they are sent to your device from the website (“Website”) managed by the editor itself (I3LUNG) and from which the service requested by the User is provided.
- Third-party cookies: they are sent to the User’s device from a computer or domain that may or may not be managed by I3LUNG but by another entity that processes the data gathered by the cookie for its own purposes.
Own cookies are identified in this policy by indicating that the owner is “I3LUNG”. The rest are owned by the third parties indicated in each case. By clicking on the name of the third party you can access their respective cookies policies, including transfers to third party countries, where applicable.
2.2. Depending on the time they remain activated on your computer or device:
- Session cookies: they collect and store data while the User is accessing the Website. The information disappears when the session ends.
- Persistent cookies: they store user information for a longer period, during which the party responsible for each cookie can access and process the information. This period varies according to each cookie and can range from a few minutes to several years.
2.3. According to their purpose:
- Technical or necessary cookies: they allow the Website to function correctly which is why they are essential to browse the Website and use all the options and functions.
- Preference or personalization cookies: they allow information to be remembered, so that you can access the Website, with characteristics that may differentiate your experience from those of other Users, such as, for example, the appearance or content of the Website.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: they allow the number of Users and their connection time to be quantified, with the aim of measuring and statistically analysing their use of the services offered.
- Advertising cookies: they allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, have been included on the Website.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: they allow the effective management of advertising spaces that may have been included on the Website, through the storage of information on your behaviour. This information is obtained thanks to the continuous observation of your browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on the same.
3. WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE AT I3LUNG?
Our website only uses technical cookies.
wordpress_test_cookie: a simple wordpress test cookie
cookie_notice_accepted: used to remember your cookie banner acceptance
4. ARE THERE INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS WHEN USING COOKIES?
Acceptance of some cookies may constitute the international transfer of data to third countries necessary for the functioning of the services of our providers. The legal basis for such a transfer is your consent, as expressed when you agree to the use of such cookies. In any case, the international transfers of data shall be carried out with an adequate level of protection declared by the European Commission and/or based on the provision of adequate guarantees such as standard contractual clauses or binding corporate rules (Articles 45 and 46 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC).
5. HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES?
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your device at any time using the customisation options offered by the browser you use. Please note that if you disable all cookies, some functionalities or content of the Website may be affected and, therefore, the quality of your web experience may be reduced.
The settings are found under the “Options” or “Preferences” menu of your browser. Below you can find the links to each browser for the instructions to disable cookies:
- Microsoft Edge (edge://settings/profiles)
- Select Preferences option from the configuration menu.
- Open the privacy tab.
- You can set privacy with a six-position cursor that allows you to control the amount of cookies that will be installed: Block all cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low and Accept all cookies.
- Mozilla Firefox (http://goo.gl/QXWYmv)
- At the top of the Firefox sale click on the Tools menu.
- Select Options.
- Select the Privacy panel.
- Under the Firefox option you can choose to use a custom history setting to configure the options.
- Google Chrome (http://goo.gl/fQnkSB)
- Click on the menu in the toolbar.
- Select Configuration.
- Click on Show advanced options.
- In the Privacy selection, click on the Content Settings button.
- In the selection of Cookies, you can set the options.
- Safari (https://goo.gl/PcjEm3; https://goo.gl/dQywEo)
- Select the Preferences option from the configuration menu.
- Open the privacy tab.
- Select the option you want from the block-cookies section.
- Please note that certain features and full functionality of the Website may not be available after cookies are disabled.
For visitors of the Website to have the possibility of preventing Google Analytics from using their data, Google has developed an opt-out browser add-on for Google browsers. Available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
6. COOKIES ON MOBILE DEVICES
Cookies and other storage devices are also used when you access the Website from mobile devices. As in the case of computer browsers, mobile device browsers allow you to make changes in the privacy options or settings to disable or delete cookies.
If you wish to change your privacy options, follow the instructions specified by the developer of your mobile device browser.
Below you will find some links that will guide you in changing the privacy settings on your mobile device.
- IOS: (http://goo.gl/61xevS)
- Windows Phone: (https://goo.gl/tKyb0y)
- Chrome Mobile: (http://goo.gl/XJp7N)
- Opera Mobile: (http://goo.gl/Nzr8s7)